Friday 28 September 2012

Dryads or clay on a stick ?

viewer's decision




Using  twigs as armatures for these three (not yet) arboreal beauties was alluringly logical - what else would be more appropriate ?
I'm still figuring out if I have to cut of parts to reduce undercuts without making them look to flat.

The idea was leaving the branches leafless, so you can modify them to fit surrounding terrain.

-

... and for the gourmets amongst you, here's some culinary findings:



Armillaria and a single Red Cracking Bolete, which has a simple but particularly interesting sour taste.

Cheers :)

2 comments:

  1. Definately dryads. An idea. You could supply them with faces that could be added as desired.
    Hallimasche!!!
    last year I found 7 kilos of Boletus edulis in one woodland clearing! And also last year I ate a boletus luridus (my friend said it was perfectly ok) but we also drank some wine...he was ok..me not, I got a very bad rash somewhere best not mentioned :-D
    Grüße
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Separate faces in 15mm ? Not a bad idea, but sounds like fiddly bits and bobs. I'm turning a bit greenish, 7kg of edulis is a lot ! Oh boy, never try new mushrooms with alcohol :) ! A similar boletus, luridiformis, is growing just a few metres from my door, under a tree at the street. I would've tried it, but it probably grew off dog piss or worse. It looks so weird I'll have to eat one someday, though !

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete