Sunday, 25 March 2012

Walking Rocks

Hello again :)

2 more sculpts finished: 

Earth elementals, vivid ground, with simple heads but without further, noticeable anatomy. Brown stuff, green stuff, wood, no wire. Standing about 22mm's tall. The eyes look shallow, they are actually quite deep.


Saturday, 17 March 2012

Test Runs

Some of you might have noticed the new Dynamic Views design, I hope you like it better than the old one. Unfortunately, DV doesn't support header images yet, so no own logo. You can use one, but this blocks your dashboard-button ... bummer.

I managed to get a few useful casts from the rtv mould:

Armatures, from left to right: Orcs, Goblins, Ogres - and random (mis)casts (some things didn't work as expected but in the end I got all I needed)

All arms are separate. With a bit cutting, bending, repositioning and swapping body parts, the pre-made armatures will provide a basis for several miniatures.

All future talk - for now some other sculpts need to be done.


Tuesday, 6 March 2012

RTV Master Mould, 50%

The first half cured perfectly and the second is in the process of curing. Here's a little picture of the upper half (still waxed at this point, some gates already pre-cut, no vents yet):

if everything goes as planned I can run a test this week-end.

Au revoir, 
         le Champignon du Nord

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Pendraken Dungeon Monsters

Just today I noticed Pendraken released my first ever completed sculpts, a manticore and a 'tile golem', alongside a bunch of other funny creatures. It's fun to see something you created being released. These two were also my first try in 10mm sculpting, which in the end introduced me to 15mm, and done in green stuff and plasticard (nowadays I prefer a mixture of gs and milliput).

                   Shroombob Sporehead

Saturday, 3 March 2012

RTV Master Mould

My favourite occupation this week-end: preparing a master mould for my spin-caster. Since the majority of the sculpts in it (mostly armatures and bits + a few critters) won't withstand the vulcanisation heat and pressure, it's made of ht/rtv silicone (shore|a 40). I can't say for sure it will work in rtv but I'll have a try and run a test next week. If it does there's loads of stuff I can do in the near future without having to think about adequate sculpting materials.

The first layer, day 1. A thin layer of rtv silicone to keep the softness for undercuts

The second layer, day 2. Should be finally cured by monday morning (latest). This makes only one half of a mould then, of course, but it's a start.

Have a nice week-end :)